Father Marcel Caron, director general of the Pius X Secular Institute, is a member of the executive council of the World Conference of Secular Institutes.
The Presidency and the Executive Council members of the World Conference of Secular Institute meet every year to share the mission of promoting this specific vocation in the Church and in the world. The executive council members are all directors of their respective institutes and represent different countries: Brazil, Canada, Francia, India, Italia and Poland. This year, they met in Rome on March 8th to 12th in Villa Aurelia, with an important program:
- a discussion and an assessment about Primo Feliciter, 70 years after its promulgation;
- a provisional assess about the distribution of “Consecration and secularity”, the Letter of the Prefect to all bishops in the world about Secular institutes;
- a theological thought about consecrated secularity (or secular consecration), with Dr Marinella Perroni, theologian and specialist of the Bible;
- an assessment of the 2017 balance sheet of the MI and the 2018 provisional balance sheet;
- a presentation of the first results of the wide survey carried out by the CMIS about the present situation of the Secular institutes all over the world;
- two interesting reports about two important meetings held in Rome at the end of 2017: the first organized in October by the Italian Conference of Secular institutes and the Congregation for the Institutes of consecrated life and Societies of Apostolic Life; the second organized in December by the Congregation itself, on the theme: “vocational discernment”;
- a long exchange about the document published by the Congregation : “For new wine, new wine skins”;
- the functioning of the CMIS website and Facebook page, and the possible improvements;
- the first decisions about the next 2020 Congress and General Assembly of the CMIS.
At the end of Sunday morning, Cardinal João Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation, celebrated mass and shared lunch with the members of the meeting.
You want more information about the World Conference of Secular Institutes? Visit the website: https://www.cmis-int.org/en/